Terms of Reference
Title: Consultant for development of KEW Outreach and Communications Strategy
Expected duration: 20 working days between 1 June and 30 September 2023
Deadline for submission: 20 May 2023
The Jan Nowak-Jezioranski College of Eastern Europe (KEW) is a think tank and NGO publisher based outside of Wrocław Poland which is looking to hire a public relations consultant to analyse and create a communications and outreach strategy for the organization. The consultant will be hired on a service contract basis and will be paid by invoice based on the final work of the consultant.
About KEW think tank:
The Jan Nowak-Jeziorański College of Eastern Europe (Kolegium Europy Wschodniej, KEW) was founded in February 2001 by Jan Nowak-Jeziorański, a democratic activist, the legendary “Courier from Warsaw”, the long-time director of the Polish section of Radio Free Europe and the former vice president of the Polish-American Congress.
KEW is a non-profit, non-partisan organization based in Wroclaw, a city, which, Nowak-Jeziorański once said, “with its root in the Easter is a strategic outpost in the struggle for a better and safer future for Poland.” The other founders are the City of Wroclaw, Lower Silesian Voivodeship Council, National Ossoliński Institute, Angelus Silesius Meeting House, Krzyżowa Foundation and European Cultural Association.
KEW is the publisher of the English-language publication New Eastern Europe and the Polish-language publication Nowa Europa Wschodnia. In addition, KEW conducts research, publishes policy papers, organizes seminars, conferences, summer schools and youth programmes. More info at www.kew.org.pl.
Aim of the activity
The aim of this activity is to develop an outreach and communications strategy which will guide the organization in increasing awareness and knowledge about KEW and its activities in Europe and around the world. The strategy should include a detailed annual work plan and comprehensive communications strategy to be implemented in 2024.
The ideal consultant will have the following qualifications:
– Have a solid track record in PR and communications activities in Poland and the EU;
– Experience in communications strategy development, especially for NGOs;
– Competence in team work, interview and communication;
– Understand the NGO / Non-profit market in Europe and the European Union;
– Can speak/understand Polish;
– Is detail-oriented.
– Review and analyse current communication activities of the organization;
– Work with specific project leads to understand current approach, and needs of the projects;
– Identify key stakeholders and target audiences;
– Compile best practices of similar organizations and
– Create an outreach strategy for the KEW think tank
Submitting your offer:
Consulting firms or individuals interested in this call for offers should send the following documents via email:
– CV of the consultant (and any other team members, if applicable;
– Technical proposal outlying a possible methodology and timeline;
– Financial proposal including breakdown of the budget;
– Sample of any previous and/or applicable works (with confidential information removed)
Please send the email with the subject line: “Communications Strategy: Submission of offer” to email@example.com.
Deadline for proposals is May 20th 2023.